Wednesday, December 16, 2020

A Very Special Occasion

When I was younger I used to make a big deal about special occasions. Usually over the top, "let me show you how much I care" sort of spectacles (which now that I think about it would've been perfect for this social media age).

As I grow older, redefine what is important to me, and come to truly understand how actions speak infinitely louder than mere words, I'm less and less inclined to use a special occasion to say things I feel every day...but I know how you appreciate these things on your birthday =]

Every day you do the job of two people with barely a complaint. Every day you are an amazing mother to our son. Every day you give me the peace and strength I often find so difficult to muster for myself.

Every day these past few years and these past 8 months proves to me that it is indeed possible to find a love that is selfless and unwavering, and more and more how impossibly lucky I am to be a recipient of it.

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays. I know this year we couldn't make all your wishes come true, but here's to rectifying that in 2021.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you 🎂 my wonderful nyab Faiv Ntaj! Please know that we appreciate you and your love for our son very much! Especially thanks for giving us our very first golden grandchild! Please know that We love you just like our very own daughter ❤

Best wishes and happy birthday 🎂 for many years to come ❤ Love, Mom and Dad